Soju At First Taste



From the time I fell in love with Korean movies, I became curious also with their cultures, food and drinks.  In all K-dramas I’ve seen, soju was always in action.  It really drives me crazy to smell its aroma. I want to try to know the taste and to feel the sensation once I gulp it down, so it crossed in my mind to try this kind of drink when I have time.  And yes! It was happened last Friday evening.  I was so excited to share it with my colleagues at home, unfortunately they were not around.  Well, I enjoyed the night alone with my grapefruit soju.  :-)

Luckily, I got the grapefruit flavor; it's a Jinro product with less alcohol content like 13% only.  It's perfect for me since I am not really an alcoholic person.

What is soju? According to wikipedia, soju is a clear, colorless distilled beverage traditionally made from wheat, rice and barley while starches like potatoes, sweet potatotes and tapioca are the alternative ingredients in our modern times.

How was the taste? I can say that even the light drinker like me can try this.  It’s like vodka with lighter taste, fruity and little sweetness on it.  It never hurts my taste buds since it cannot produce any harsh taste. But I just don’t know yet for the other flavors. By the way, for those who are interested, soju is available at 7 Eleven branches.

Is it affordable? Soju costs P122.00.  The bottle is not really big but I cannot say that it is really pricey. The price is just right for this kind of product.

Should I try it again? Yes! Once in a while I drink some beverages to ease the stress. And I greatly bet the grapefruit flavor.  

Korean's etiquette in drinking soju: It's a strict etiquette to hold a glass with two hands when receiving a drink from the elderly, the left palm is at the bottom and hold the glass with the right hand then bow the head slightly.  The drinker must turn away from the elder and cover the mouth and glass with his hands.  The first drink must be finished in one shot only, when the glass is empty the drinker will return the glass to the person who poured the drink to him and pours a drink in return. 


Sounds interesting, right?

Cheers to more soju!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Dutch Mill Delight

Tuna and SkyFlakes Nuggets